Skip to main content

Housekeeping: Setting Up Gmail Account, Blogger, etc.

Housekeeping: Setting Up Gmail Account, Blogger, etc.


Setting up a Gmail account is a pretty easy thing to do, honestly the hardest part is finding a username that hasn't been taken. However setting up this Blogger was a bit more difficult. What seemed as if it would be a seamless setup (simply linking your gmail to Blogger to create an account) ended up being the most difficult part of this module thus far. 
In this course I expect to learn about art and the impact it has on our community and culture. I expect to learn how to analyze and interpret art by considering its processes and subjects, and be able to look closer into the different implications it could have in different communities.
Taking an online course is something I have never done before, but I am excited to see how effective this method of instruction is, I like the idea of being able to work at my own pace with this class and hopefully be able to work ahead. I feel positive about the class overall, I am quite excited to be taking art education courses. 
The growth mindset videos were very refreshing. I feel as though they were a good palette cleanser to start off the course. I connected most with the idea that failure is a part of success and that set backs are normal. Learning is not linear. It also helped me to find out that by trying to learn new things, we make our brains stronger and that just because one might have trouble learning a subject, that they could strengthen their brain through studying another sub-sect of the same topic or a completely different topic in itself; because learning anything strengthens the synopsis in the brain. Making learning easier and easier. It also resonated with me about feeling as though you have a fixed amount of skill or talent and learning that that skill and that talent can be expanded. And that sometimes that growth and that expansion of skill and talent can be expanded only through the help of someone else. It has been a recent thing for me to learn how to tell when I've gone the furthest I can on my own and it's time for me to reach out for help. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Logos + Fine Art

Logos + Fine Art This week we had two projects, the first one being an exploration of logo design.  For this project we learned about what goes into the designing and editing of logos. We then had to go through the process of designing a logo for ourselves. I found this to be a rather enjoyable project as learning about the different aspects of logo design was quite interesting, andI am pleased with my final design of a personal logo.  In my initial stages I decided to try a series of designs featuring a J or my middle name, Jade, spelled out. I have been introducing myself and going by my middle name for a few years now and I feel it resembles my identity better. I played around with combining this letter J with the color yellow, with the design of a bee, with the words; honest, homemade + simple, as well as a strong feature of circles in my designs, as I felt all these components related to who I identify as.  In my final design, I utilized aspects from the...

Elements + Principles of Design: Reflection Journal

Elements + Principles of Design: Reflection Journal In this project we were asked to capture photos that represent the different elements and principles of design. I worked on my project a bit differently, and combed through photographs I had already taken (as photography is my concentration there were many), and find photographs that were exemplary of the different  elements and principles of design. I used a photographs that ranged from up to 3 years ago, as that is when I started being quite purposeful with my photography and felt I had enough photographs that incorporated these elements and principles. I actually found this project quite enjoyable as I realized some of my simplest photographs were the strongest in conveying these principles. I also found that most of my photographs were of organic substances, mostly taken outside, or at the Botanical Gardens.   Below is a slideshow of the different elements and principles of design: Elements and Principle...

Guernica

Guernica + Me Pablo Picasso's piece Guernica was created in 1937, as a reaction to the bombing of Guernica during the Spanish civil war. Upon first viewing the piece it appears to be a greyscale painting, but when view with a more careful eye, grays become blue, and shed light onto the sadness Picasso felt about this tragedy. But the piece did more than shed light onto how Picasso felt about the war, it exposed the world to the war as the piece went on a brief tour to bring publicity and hopefully aid to the war. This piece grand scale also speaks to how heavily this war affected not only Picasso but the public of Spain. It also happens to be painted in oil paints, which wasn't unusual for the time period, but it speaks to the effort that Picasso went into painting this piece, as oil takes an extremely long time to dry and therefore is quite precarious to use.   The other assignment we were tasked with this week was creating a self-portrait. Spring is coming. Self-P...