Skip to main content

InDesign Video Blog Posting

InDesign Video Blog Posting

What is InDesign?
InDesign is an Adobe Platform used to create different print and digital media.

Creating a New Document:
You can use free templates to start a new document in the Document Dialog Box.

Add Text to Frames:
You can use the type menu to fill a text frame with place holder text, this could be useful to see how the formatting is affected by different choices.

Selecting and Editing Text:
The Paste Without Formatting selection allows you to copy text from an outside source and paste the dialog while having the formatting match your surrounding text.

Working with Character Styles:
The ability to import other character styles that have been pre-made.

Working with Paragraph Styles:
The ability to create different text styles and be able to apply that text style easily wherever desired.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Guernica

Guernica + Me Pablo Picasso's piece Guernica was created in 1937, as a reaction to the bombing of Guernica during the Spanish civil war. Upon first viewing the piece it appears to be a greyscale painting, but when view with a more careful eye, grays become blue, and shed light onto the sadness Picasso felt about this tragedy. But the piece did more than shed light onto how Picasso felt about the war, it exposed the world to the war as the piece went on a brief tour to bring publicity and hopefully aid to the war. This piece grand scale also speaks to how heavily this war affected not only Picasso but the public of Spain. It also happens to be painted in oil paints, which wasn't unusual for the time period, but it speaks to the effort that Picasso went into painting this piece, as oil takes an extremely long time to dry and therefore is quite precarious to use.   The other assignment we were tasked with this week was creating a self-portrait. Spring is coming. Self-P...

Digital Images

Digital Images Digital images impact almost everyone in the modern world, both in our personal and professional life. For myself personally, I encounter digital images everywhere, every day of my life. From social media, to visual references for classes, to the photography I produce. In my personal life I encounter digital images when I am using social media, whether that be looking at different images on Pinterest that are a source of inspiration to me, or if its Instagram or Facebook and I am seeing the digital images my peers, and friends and family are posting. I also encounter digital images day-to-day in my own personal work, when I am capturing and processing my photographs. I feel like digital images shape my experience of the world in the way that they don't. Because the world is so saturated  with digital images now that I don't generally interact with/notice them in my day to day life.  My thoughts on ethics and aesthetics within the photo editing community,...

Elements + Principles of Design: Reflection Journal

Elements + Principles of Design: Reflection Journal In this project we were asked to capture photos that represent the different elements and principles of design. I worked on my project a bit differently, and combed through photographs I had already taken (as photography is my concentration there were many), and find photographs that were exemplary of the different  elements and principles of design. I used a photographs that ranged from up to 3 years ago, as that is when I started being quite purposeful with my photography and felt I had enough photographs that incorporated these elements and principles. I actually found this project quite enjoyable as I realized some of my simplest photographs were the strongest in conveying these principles. I also found that most of my photographs were of organic substances, mostly taken outside, or at the Botanical Gardens.   Below is a slideshow of the different elements and principles of design: Elements and Principle...